The Malaysian CropLife & Public Health Association (MCPA) represents the plant science and public health industries in Malaysia. Since its inception in 1971, the MCPA has been responsible for improving the quality of agriculture and promoting the public health sector in order to create a harmonious balance between the chemicals industry and the betterment of the general public. MCPA is also an affiliated member of CropLife Asia, the umbrella organization for the industry in Asia.
MCPA is committed towards the improvement of the quality of life through sustainable agriculture and public health management. Our main aim is to nurture the industry whilst simultaneously ensuring the well being of the public via food safety and taking responsible care for the environment.
MCPA works closely with all its stakeholders in the plant science and public health industry in order to promote faster and advance the progress and development of the industry and scientific knowledge on plant science and public health.
- To promote continuous updates and transfer of new technology towards sustainable agriculture, in line with the Integrated Pest Management (IPM) and Integrated Crop Management (ICM) concept.
- To intensify education and training programmes to enhance and upgrade knowledge and skills among industry personnel, end-users and dealers, in the safe use and handling of crop care and public health products.
- To promote risk reduction management of pesticides in collaboration with the relevant regulatory authorities.
- To continuously elevate the level of professionalism within the association, and to strive for excellence by adhering to the International Code of Conduct on the Pesticides Management.
- To create and to raise the awareness level of the general public and achieve a balanced perspective of the crop care and public health industries.